importing another file into top-level include directory?

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Mon Jun 23 18:35:00 GMT 2003


[ oops; resending with cc to the list ]

OK, thanks for warning me.  I don't think it will be a problem to update the 
GCC copy first.

Are these "libiberty commit rules" explained anywhere?  I wasn't aware that 
these files are treated specially, and I'm wondering what else I might need 
to know.  I don't see anything in either the GCC or Binutils web sites (maybe 
I'm looking in the wrong place), and I'm not sure where else to look.

On Monday 23 June 2003 10:42, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I would like to import the top-level include/xtensa-config.h file
> > into GCC, replacing the version in gcc/config/xtensa/.  Is this OK?
>
> Just a side note - if you do this, that file will then fall under the
> libiberty commit rules, which means that any changes would have to be
> committed to gcc first, or at the same time.  If you committed a
> change only to src, my auto-sync scripts would revert it.
>
> Other than that, my scripts won't care if you add more files.  They'll
> adapt automatically.



More information about the Gcc mailing list