RFC: More ia64 intrinsics

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sat Jun 21 00:41:00 GMT 2003


On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:54:09PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> 
> > Ok, I will do that. There is another issue. Intel intrinsics uses
> > __int64 for 64bit integer type. It is used in
> > 
> > unsigned __int64
> > const __int64
> > 
> > I can't use typedef. I can do
> > 
> > #define __int64 long long
> > 
> > But I don't know if it is a good idea. __int64 is a builtin type in
> > Intel compiler so that it isn't a problem. Any suggestions?
> 
> Use <stdint.h> and grab int64_t?
> 
> Or make __int64 a builtin type, as with the Intel compiler.
> 
> For builtins, you can usually use DImode internally.

__int64 is used in intrinsic prototype. How do I add __int64 to ia64
only or can I make it a generic builtin type?


H.J.



More information about the Gcc mailing list