dependence information in assembly output
Jan Hoogerbrugge
hoogerbrugge@hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:49:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
We are porting gcc to a VLIW processor. Because we don't think that
gcc's own scheduler is generic enough to schedule code for our target
we use an external instruction scheduler which schedules sequential
code produced by gcc. The problem that we are facing is how to determine
dependencies between loads and stores in the sequential code. The plan
is to pass dependence information from gcc to the external scheduler
via the assembly output file. I already discovered the INSN_DEPEND(insn)
list which contains outgoing dependences.
What I need is a hook where INSN_DEPEND is valid and where I can write
the list (of pairs of INSN_UIDs) to the assembly output file.
Furthermore, this hook should be such that no new loads and stores
are generated after it. Otherwise dependency information for these
loads/stores will be missing.
What I also need is the scheduling region to which each (load/store)
instruction belongs. No dependency information will exists for load/stores
of different regions so the external scheduler can not reorder them.
Who can give me some advice?
Thanks,
Jan
_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
More information about the Gcc
mailing list