Compiling Source Tree Using GCJ

jishu.sengupta@cgadc.com jishu.sengupta@cgadc.com
Thu Jun 19 21:13:00 GMT 2003


How can I compile  Java source Tree with multiple dependencies on other
source trees using GCJ ?

I am trying to achieve the same behavior as Ant, available from Apache,
which produces the byte code
to a separate destination directory, and can work on multiple source trees.

So far my approach has been like following ...

gcj --classpath=$CLASSPATH @filenamelist

where filenamelist is the file, contains all Java file names with their
absolute path.

It seems not working, ideally I want to replace Sun and IBM Java compiler
with GCJ to achieve
maximum compactness, as I have found possible in cases where almost 2KB of
file size reduction
is possible.

Please help if I need to tweak anything to make it to work.

But Finally I still want to use Ant for other management tasks, only for
compilation need GCJ, is it Possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Jishu Sengupta

917-320-3928




More information about the Gcc mailing list