mips-sni-sysv4 gcc-3.3

jean-frederic clere jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com
Wed Jun 18 17:31:00 GMT 2003


Clere, Jean-Frederic wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have tried to compile gcc-3.3 on a mips-sni-sysv4 and I have some 
> problems:
> - The support will be removed because of non maintainer. Should I 
> volonter? (I have machines for testing).
> 
> - The compilation failed on ReliantUnix 5.45:
> +++
> cc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O -I. 
> -I/home/jfclere/PlusCD/work/gcc-3.3/libiberty/../in
> clude   /home/jfclere/PlusCD/work/gcc-3.3/libiberty/getpwd.c -o getpwd.o
> /usr/include/inttypes.h    59: [error]:   CFE1240 duplicate specifier in 
> declara
> tion
>   typedef unsigned long int     uintptr_t;
>                                 ^
> 
> /usr/include/inttypes.h    59: [warning]:   CFE1375 declaration requires 
> a typed
> ef name
>   typedef unsigned long int     uintptr_t;
>                                          ^
> 
> gmake[1]: *** [getpwd.o] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jfclere/gcc/libiberty'
> +++
> Any hints?

The uintptr_t is not detected by the configure...
The configure needs a patch:
+++
$ diff -u configure configure.ori
--- configure   2003-06-18 14:32:46.260000012 +0200
+++ configure.ori       2003-06-18 14:31:37.200000012 +0200
@@ -1625,6 +1625,9 @@
  #include <stdlib.h>
  #include <stddef.h>
  #endif
+#if HAVE_UNISTD_H
+#include <unistd.h>
+#endif
  EOF
  if (eval "$ac_cpp conftest.$ac_ext") 2>&5 |
    egrep "(^|[^a-zA-Z_0-9])uintptr_t[^a-zA-Z_0-9]" >/dev/null 2>&1; then
+++

The AC_CHECK_TYPE(uintptr_t, unsigned long) from the configure.in would have 
detected uintptr_t correctly when using autoconf 2.53...

> 
> Cheers
> 
> Jean-frederic
> 
> 




More information about the Gcc mailing list