Why does libiberty have to build before a C library?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Tue Jun 10 17:30:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:21:23PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > And we can't link programs until winsup is built, I guess?
>
> Right, unless you're building a native cygwin, in which case the
> compiler uses the installed (i.e. wrong) cygwin1.dll.

Well, that answers that.  Libiberty does need to be fixed to configure
without AC_PROG_CC working, then.  I'll do the autoconf foo.

[From your description it sounds like we could avoid the problem but it
would be just as much work.]

--
Daniel Jacobowitz