Request to contribute new port - picoChip

Dan Towner dant@picochip.com
Wed Jun 4 15:12:00 GMT 2003


Hi all,

For the past 18 months or so I have been working on a port of GCC for 
the range of processors developed by picoChip Designs Ltd. These are 
16-bit DSP's, which use VLIW scheduling. I would now like to formally 
contribute this new port.

Key points to note:

   Copyright assignment forms have already been successfully filed with 
the FSF.

   I will act as maintainer for the port.

   All changes would be in the gcc/contrib/picochip directory, with the 
exception of the config changes. No other files need to be modified.

   Only C is supported (i.e., tested). Some C++ has been known to work, 
but isn't tested.

   The port is stable, and has been used extensively in-house for over a 
year. It runs almost all of the torture tests, with the exception of 
tests which require floating point, I/O, dynamic memory allocation, or 
any other feature not supported by our embedded processors.

   Proprietary linkers and assemblers are used, which cannot currently 
be released. The port would initially have to be assembly output only.

   Custom test procedures are used, which don't currently work with 
DejaGNU. This will be fixed at some point.


How can I proceed from here?

Thanks,

dan.

=============================================================================
Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH, 
BA1 5BG
dant@picochip.com
07786 702589




More information about the Gcc mailing list