RESOLVED states in bugzilla
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 12:42:00 GMT 2003
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> These are doubtful. I haven't seen a PR where someone said "We're never
> going to fix this", but it won't hurt to have this; and WORKSFORME is not
> a very strong statement:
> Wontfix
> Worksforme
I dislike WONTFIX; I think for all the bugs closed that way, INVALID is
more appropriate (i.e., declare it to be not a GCC bug rather than to be a
GCC bug that won't be fixed). WORKSFORME is more reasonable.
> These I think are not useful:
> Remind
> Later
> If a bug is not fixed now, it should remain open, not be closed and have a
> special state. Dan, can you say who invented these states and why? I don't
Yes, we created SUSPENDED and made sure that it counts as open in default
searches for this purpose. The one bug closed as LATER should be open as
SUSPENDED instead.
--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk
More information about the Gcc
mailing list