[tree-ssa] What would be interesting SPEC2000 tests flags?

law@redhat.com law@redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 02:07:00 GMT 2003


In message <3ED8C64C.1060001@student.tudelft.nl>, Steven Bosscher writes:
 >Hi,
 >
 >The other day I noticed that Andreas Jaeger's SPEC2k
 >testers for the tree-ssa branch have been testing
 >with BASE="-O2" and PEAK="-O2 -ftree-ccp" for some
 >time now.  But since tree-ccp has been enabled by
 >default at -O1 already since February (?), BASE==PEAK.
 >We would get more interesting results if we choose
 >different flag settings for BASE and PEAK.
 >
 >I notified Andreas and he asked what flags he should
 >use instead.  So what would be interesting to compare
 >for tree-ssa?  Something like -O1 vs. -O2, or both -O2
 >but one with a few RTL optimizers disabled?  Or
 >-fdisable-simple (IMVHO not very useful since Diego
 >already tests that).  Make some suggestions!  :-)
The two I'm most interested in are the effects of SSAPRE and
PTA.  I believe we have switches for both.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list