portable cdecl 'elliptic' function calls
Camm Maguire
camm@enhanced.com
Thu Jul 31 02:40:00 GMT 2003
Greetings, and thank you for this tip! I now think I see how to do
this in GCL, and would like to build in dependency on libffi. Is this
available on everyone's systems? I'm assuming its packaged at least
everywhere gcc is available. What about solaris, Mac OS X?
Take care,
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:
> On 28-Jul-2003, Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> wrote:
> > object
> > c_apply_n(object (*fn)(), int n, object *x)
> > {object res=Cnil;
> > #if 1
> > object *stack;
> >
> > if (!(stack=alloca(n*sizeof(*stack))))
> > FEerror("Cannot allocate stack for elliptic call", 0);
> > memcpy(stack,x,n*sizeof(*stack));
> > res=fn();
>
> This code is extremely non-portable.
>
> I suggest you try using libffi, which is included in the GCC sources.
> See libffi/README.
>
> --
> Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au> | "I have always known that the pursuit
> The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"
> WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
>
>
>
--
Camm Maguire camm@enhanced.com
==========================================================================
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah
More information about the Gcc
mailing list