SCO systems and 'Target Deprecation'

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Sat Jul 26 02:47:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
>> RMS, Eben Moglen and others are working on this issue and will (if
>> some measures may concern GCC) let us know directly or via the SC what
>> they suggest.
> I breathlessly await their pronouncement upon the masses. Heaven forbid
> any of us think for ourselves!
>
> (Note the thick sarcasm in my typing of those two sentences!)

The point is, the FSF "owns" dozens of packages with GCC being just
one them, so it doesn't seem very productive if the developers of each
of these projects discuss this issue by themselves.

>> (This list is not really the right place to discuss issues like this.)
> And what, pray tell, is to correct forum?

gnu.misc.discuss?

> It seems to me (and obviously others) that this issue directly affects
> GCC and GNU in general.

Yes, and it affects all other packages listed at
  http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/
as well (though admittedly most of them will have less direct support for
the targets in questions than GCC).

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/