Your change

Vladimir Makarov vmakarov@redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 17:36:00 GMT 2003

"Lu, Hongjiu" wrote:

> There are 2 separate issues:
>
> 1. When I look at the RTL dump from -O1, the compiler does want
> conditionally execute prefetch. It was just that the ia64 backend
> ignored that request.
> 2. When -O2, prefetch will be executed speculatively. In that case,
> compiler wants to execute prefetch unconditionally.
>
> #2 was never a problem. The problem is #1.

I see. I thought you wanted to make the prefetch non-speculative (there
were no details in your report and the patch). Sorry for
misunderstanding.

I've just look at the RTL after the 2nd if-conversion pass (.ce2).  The
prefetch is really predicated when -O1 is used but the final code is
not.  In any case it is not a bug.  On the other hand, there is no harm
from the patch either.

Vlad