3.4 bootstrap failure linking jv-convert on Solaris2.8

Bradley Lucier lucier@math.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 21 05:40:00 GMT 2003

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 07:53  PM, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Brad> I got this on today's sources after a generic configure and make
> Brad> bootstrap:
>
> Brad> ld: warning: file
> Brad>
> /home/c/lucier/programs/gcc/gcc-3.4/objdir-sparc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/
> Brad> libjava/.libs/libgcj.so: linked to ./.libs/libgcj.so: attempted
> Brad> multiple inclusion of file
>
> That looks odd.  Is this the same as the problem referenced here?
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-03/msg00658.html

I don't know, but I don't think so; it's bootstrapped many times since
then.

> Brad>
> java::io::File::File[in-charge](java::lang::String*)./.libs/libgcj.so
>
> Does this symbol actually exist?  It would be in java/io/File.lo (or
> java/io/File/.libs/File.o), in the libjava build directory.  This is
> in the Java code, so it is pretty unlikely that it wouldn't appear.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this.  I think that libgcj.so was not
linked into jv-convert because it was somehow specified twice in the
list of libraries.

Brad