strcpy(stc->val,var) = Segmention Fault

Steven Bosscher s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl
Fri Jul 18 21:45:00 GMT 2003

Op vr 18-07-2003, om 21:40 schreef "Uílton O. Dutra":
> Hi folks,
>
> I create simple program to read configurations files.
> With Bcc32-Win98 my prog works fine, but on Gcc-Linux I got "Segmention Fault" in "strcpy(stc->val,var)".
> What's wrong?

First, this mailing list is not intended for the kind of question you
ask.  Discussions on this mailing list should concern the development of
the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC).  Your question has nothing to do with
that.  So please do not post this kind of question on this list, go look
for help somewhere else  :-)

You may be able to get some help at gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  However, if
you would like some help with your problem, I suggest you provide a
piece of code that shows the problem, not just "It works fine with this
but not with that, what's wrong".  Nobody will be able to help you if
you don't show at least the relevant function, but better yet, a self
contained, preprocessed piece of code to show the problem.

Gr.
Steven