Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems
Phil Edwards
phil@jaj.com
Wed Jul 16 22:18:00 GMT 2003
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:15:20PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > I suggest we go whole-hog and just give the exact set of commands to
> > use. How about:
> >
> > Run the following commands under /bin/sh:
> >
> > CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh .../srcdir/configure
> > gmake bootstrap
> > gmake install
> >
> > Do not set CONFIG_SHELL during the bootstrap or install phases.
>
> I'm not sure whether this is sufficient, because libstdc++-v3 is configured
> during 'gmake bootstrap' and absolutely needs /bin/ksh. And I have the vague
> recollection of PRs related to this problem.
>
> Phil, what do you think?
I'd go with the sequence you used, modified for crappy-sh:
Run the following commands under /bin/sh:
CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
export CONFIG_SHELL
srcdir/configure
make bootstrap
make install
Also, we extra-strongly recommend the use of GNU make, etc, etc. If
possible, install Linux before performing the above steps.
:-)
--
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams
More information about the Gcc
mailing list