3.3 problem of -fzero-initialized-in-bss w/-ffreestanding

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Jul 16 01:31:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 12:00, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > OTOH, I'm not unbiased WRT this optmization, and I can certainly see
> > that it is important for GCC to continue to be able to compile older
> > releases of emacs.
>
> What I see above all is that we said that we were commited to making sure
> that GCC produces a working Emacs and we failed.

I think it is not quite that stark -- what is true is that now you must
configure differently to build GNU Emacs.

I will add that to the release notes.

--
Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC