Papers (Was: PATCH: m68k: remove NO_ADDSUB_Q dependent code)

Bernardo Innocenti bernie@develer.com
Wed Jul 9 00:11:00 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 01:13, Richard Henderson wrote:
 > On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:50:48AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
 > >       * config/m68k/m68k.c: Strip away code depending on NO_ADDSUB_Q definition.
 > >       * config/m68k/m68k.md: Likewise.
 >
 > The patch is ok, but there appears to be no assignment on file,
 > so we can't apply this yet.

It's just code removal, and it's trivial... the documentation says it doesn't
matter for such simple patches:

  A change of just a few lines (less than 15 or so) is not legally significant for
  copyright. A regular series of repeated changes, such as renaming a symbol, is
  not legally significant even if the symbol has to be renamed in many places.

  (from http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_6.html#SEC6)

However, I'm willing to file a copyright assignment in case my next patches are,
hopefully, more significant ;-)

I couldn't find a downloadable copy the papers on the FSF site. Why don't they just
make it publicly available? Shall I ask anyone in particular?

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html