[tree-ssa] bootstrap miscomparison failure on PPC

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 15:16:00 GMT 2003

Jeff,

One of these two changes introduced a bootstrap regression on PPC.  We
miscompare gcc.o.  I'm still not sure which one yet.

+2003-07-02  Jeff Law  <law@redhat.com>
+
+       * expr.c (do_store_flag): Remove special case folding for
+       single bit tests.  Instead call back into the commonized folder
+       routine.
+       * fold-const.c (fold_single_bit_test): New function, mostly
+       extracted from do_store_flag, with an additional case extracted
+       from fold.
+       (fold): Call fold_single_bit_test appropriately.
+       * tree.h (fold_single_bit_test): Prototype.

+2003-07-03  Frank Ch. Eigler  <fche@redhat.com>
+
+       * tree-nomudflap.c (mf_marked_p, mf_mark): New dummy functions.
+
+2003-07-03  Jeff Law  <law@redhat.com>
+
+       * tree-ssa.c (lookup_avail_expr): Accept new argument containing the
+       const_and_copies table.  All callers changed.  If we find the
+       given expression in the availe expression hash table, then lookup
+       the LHS of the hash table's entry in the const_and_copies_table.
+       Do record type casts into the available expression table.
+
+       * tree-nomudflap.c (mf_marked_p): Mark arguments as being unused.
+       (mf_mark): Likewise.
+
+       * c-decl.c (store_parm_decls): Strip away NOP_EXPRs when looking
+       for hidden use variables.
+

[ ... ]
else \
  case "gnucompare" in \
    *-lean ) rm -rf stage$stage ;; \
  esac; true; \
fi
Bootstrap comparison failure!
gcc.o differs
make[1]: *** [gnucompare] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/notnfs/dnovillo/sbox/tree-ssa-branch/bld.toystory/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2