tree-ssa status

Steven Bosscher s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 27 22:47:00 GMT 2003

Op do 27-02-2003, om 21:57 schreef Zack Weinberg:
> Steven Bosscher <s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> > But it seems that we'll be stuck with at least one front end that will
> > probably never be able to do function-at-a-time compilation (g77).
>
> Isn't g95 targeted for the 3.5 time frame as well?

Yea, right. I'd wish!  :-\

Right now we can't even generate code for all of F77.  And that is
supposed to be the *easy* part.  Nope, there is still a long way to go.
We're getting closer to being able to generate code for the whole
language, but the code quality is not all that great.

And that is just the compiler side of things.  The library is another
issue that needs to be addressed, and while bits and pieces are in
place, it will still take a huge effort to finish it.

Greetz
Steven