GCC 3.3 compile speed regression - AN ANSWER

Lars Segerlund lars.segerlund@comsys.se
Tue Feb 11 16:03:00 GMT 2003

  I checked with some source , microsofts compiler, the intel compiler
and an old lattice compiler, gcc is somewhere around 4-6 times slower
than these compilers, now this was a really bad test from benchmarking
perspective, but still Tubo-C and Turbo-C++ did a lot of lines/sek.

  So I think gcc need's have compilation speed as a long term goal.

  ( IMHO ) Lars Segerlund.