Differences between gcc and src CVS

Kai Henningsen kai@qualify.domain.khms.westfalen.de
Sat Feb 1 14:54:00 GMT 2003

I was looking into creating my own uberbaum based on the rsync'd gcc and
src trees (are the relevant symlinks listed somewhere?), when I noticed
that quite some files present in both gcc and src were different. I
assume that for some that's intentional (like MAINTAINERS), but I somewhat doubt that, for
example, libtool or COPYING.LIB are really meant to be different between these two.

These files were different:

diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/.cvsignore s/src/.cvsignore
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/COPYING s/src/COPYING
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/COPYING.LIB s/src/COPYING.LIB
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/ChangeLog s/src/ChangeLog
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/MAINTAINERS s/src/MAINTAINERS
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/README s/src/README
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/config-ml.in s/src/config-ml.in
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/config.guess s/src/config.guess
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/config.sub s/src/config.sub
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/contrib/ChangeLog s/src/contrib/ChangeLog
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/contrib/texi2pod.pl s/src/contrib/texi2pod.pl
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/include/ChangeLog s/src/include/ChangeLog
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/install-sh s/src/install-sh
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/libtool.m4 s/src/libtool.m4
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/ltconfig s/src/ltconfig
diff -aur --exclude=CVS g/gcc/ltmain.sh s/src/ltmain.sh

(I'm omitting the full diff as I expect anyone who can deal with this
can easily recreate it, and even gzip -9 leaves it at 63KB.)