[tree-ssa][unit-at-a-time] bootstrap

Daniel Berlin dberlin@dberlin.org
Sun Aug 31 14:54:00 GMT 2003



On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 judd.jenne@charter.net wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> First of all, thank you for looking into this.
>
> I produced these using an ssa compiler from the last few
> hours.  I hope this helps.
>
> I used something like -fdump-tree-all.  I didn't include
> dumps that
> seemed identical to those prior.
>
> It seems that rewrite_out_of_ssa() seems a likely culprit
> from examining
> dumps .dce and .optimized.
>
> Off Topic:
>
> Pre seems to leave alot of (void)0;.  Are these required?

PRE didn't do that.
PRE actually doesn't delete any code, it relies on DCE to do it.
What you are seeing is a result of the fact that DCE is run twice, but
both runs have their stats dumped to the same dump file (.t10, IIRC).



More information about the Gcc mailing list