GCC Release Status (2003-08-22)
Karel Gardas
kgardas@objectsecurity.com
Sat Aug 30 13:08:00 GMT 2003
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Geoff Keating wrote:
> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
> > Compile times are another major story. I'm not sure what the full
> > situation is at this point, and I'm not sure we even know what
> > apples-to-apples means. For example, should we assume people will be
> > using PCH?
>
> I think we should try to make sure that this compiler won't be slower
> even if people don't use PCH, and that when they do use PCH it goes as
> fast as possible. Right now, I'd be quite happy if we just got the
> first part for certain.
Is it ever possible? i.e. I still count gcc2.95.4 as a basis for compile
time performance comparison. These days gcc3.4 is still about 50-100%
slower than this compiler compiling MICO.
Cheers,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas kgardas@objectsecurity.com
ObjectSecurity Ltd. http://www.objectsecurity.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list