[tree-ssa] bootstrap problem on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
Andrew Pinski
pinskia@physics.uc.edu
Fri Aug 22 04:31:00 GMT 2003
>
> >
> > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:53:04 -0400, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:
> >
> > > This stripping you do undoes what gimple_boolify_expr did to convert it to
> > > a boolean_type.
> > > Then invert_truthop aborts when it tries to invert a non-boolean_type tree.
> > > So either
> > > 1. The conversion isn't useless, but gimplify_boolify_expr is not
> > > generating the conversion in a way that makes it seem un-useless.
> > > 2. The conversion isn't useless, and the above is not working like it
> > > should.
> >
> > I think the conversion isn't useless, because BOOLEAN_TYPE has a (much)
> > smaller range of values, which matters to invert_truthop, at least, and
> > should be useful to optimizers.
> >
>
> Would this patch be acceptable?
> It gets my by the part where I was failing.
I think this patch is also need for c++ enums to evaluated correctly.
Andrew
More information about the Gcc
mailing list