[tree-ssa] bootstrap problem on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6 (Was [tree-ssa][unit-at-a-time] bootstrap)

Andrew Pinski pinskia@physics.uc.edu
Thu Aug 21 17:15:00 GMT 2003


On Thursday, Aug 21, 2003, at 11:22 US/Eastern, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
> On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 9:37 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>
>> I think this is a bad interaction between the inter-modular 
>> optimization, unit-at-a-time and the tree-ssa
>> stuff but I do not know what is going on as I cannot even bootstrap 
>> any more on the tree-ssa branch on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6.
>
> I can't either, but if you remove the abort in fold-const (I assume 
> you are seeing the abort when compiling gimplify.c trying to invert a 
> truthop), it seems to work again.

Yes that is the one I am seeing.
I think the problem is that the rewrite of  "if (a); else b" to "if 
(!a) b" should really be to "if (a!=0) b".
This is in gimplify_cond_expr on line 1972 in gimplify.c.
Maybe someone else will know what is going on.
Here is what arg is when passed to invert_thruthvalue:
<var_decl 0xe088c0 T.1508
     type <integer_type 0x413c54d0 unsigned int unsigned SI
         size <integer_cst 0x413c3660 constant 32>
         unit size <integer_cst 0x413c3740 constant 4>
         align 32 symtab 20 alias set -1 precision 32 min <integer_cst 
0x413c37a0 0> max <integer_cst 0x413c37c0 4294967295>
         pointer_to_this <pointer_type 0x8c58c0>>
     unsigned used SI file 
/Volumes/UFS_Partition/pinskia/src/gccssa/src/gcc/gimplify.c line 814 
size <integer_cst 0x413c3660 32> unit size <integer_cst 0x413c3740 4>
     align 32 context <function_decl 0x889770 gimplify_expr> chain 
<var_decl 0xe08770 T.1507>
     /Volumes/UFS_Partition/pinskia/src/gccssa/src/gcc/gimplify.c:814>

See that it is a integer_type and not a boolean_type so something needs 
to change.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski



More information about the Gcc mailing list