handling of warnings

Matt Austern austern@apple.com
Wed Aug 13 21:14:00 GMT 2003


On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 06:39  AM, skaller wrote:


> Please note: I do NOT mean I can't use it because I only
> have 3.2.2 and not the latest compiler. I can't use it because
> the handling of unknown warning control options is BUGGED:
> my clients could be using ANY recent variant of g++ and so I can't use
> any new options or they won't be able to compile the code.

Then you've got a problem with no solution.  Even if you manage
to convince people on this list that gcc should change the way
it handles unrecognized options, the change won't go into the
old compiler versions that you're concerned about.  You'd better
find a way to reformulate your problem so that it does have a
solution.

			--Matt



More information about the Gcc mailing list