no call-graph produced when C++ program compiled with -pg option

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Aug 13 19:20:00 GMT 2003


david.a.vaughn@baesystems.com wrote:
> I am trying to speed up an application. It was suggested that I use the -pg
> option and take the gmon.out result and use gprof to look at it. This worked
> well when I tested it with a simple c program. I added -pg to all the
> makefiles and make.inc of the large application and rebuilt it. I get a
> gmon.out when I run it, but I get an error that there is no call-graph in
> the file (gprof -i shows 1 histogram, 0 call-graph & 0 basic-block records).
> The output is quite large (gmon.out >1Mbyte could there be a limit?). Any
> help would be great.

Which version of gcc?  Which version of glibc?  Is it multi-threaded?

See http://www.kegel.com/gprof.html for notes on a couple gotchas.
- Dan

-- 
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045



More information about the Gcc mailing list