Cannot build mainline gcc on x86 linux

Kelley Cook kcook34@ford.com
Mon Aug 11 16:35:00 GMT 2003


Matt Krai wrote:

> When I regenerated Makefile.in, it lost the following targets:
> 
>  maybe-configure-build-fixincludes
>  configure-build-fixincludes
>  maybe-all-build-fixincludes
>  all-build-fixincludes
> 
> I don't know why they were there in the first place, nor whether
> adding them back will fix your problem.
> 
> -- 
> Matt

Nathanael,

>From perusing the CVS archive, these targets showed up on July 13th from this commit:

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/Makefile.in#rev1.182

which was discussed at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg01231.html

Maybe, of course, I am missing something simple, but I don't see where those new 
targets came from since the corresponding targets were not in the Makefile.tpl 
committed at the same time.  In addition, when I regenerate Makefile.in with autogen 
1.5.5, I see no differences compared to the version that is in the mainline.

Note that Slava is now getting a build-in-source-tree bootstrap error without the 
additional targets.

This leads to three releated questions:

a) Are Matt and I doing something incorrect to generate Makefile.in?
b) ... or should not the additional targets ever have been there?
C) ... or should they actually exist and somehow the upstream changes never were committed?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give on this matter.

Kelley Cook





More information about the Gcc mailing list