On inlining in C++
Marc Espie
espie@quatramaran.ens.fr
Fri Aug 8 21:21:00 GMT 2003
In article <20030804173619.F0FD7F2D7C@nile.gnat.com> you write:
>> Inline as I have described is close to what has been documented for
>> two decades in official C++ manuals.
>
>Well if you really believe that C++ programmers read "official C++
>manuals" then you are talking about a different population of programmers
>entirely.
>
Blink, blink.
So what ?
Is g++ trying to implement ISO C++, or a language that more or less
corresponds to the most widely deployed dialect of C++ out there
(probably Visual C++) and drop any attempt at conformance ?
Gaby quotes from the standard, and from the creator of the language.
It seems that other proficient C++ programmers in that thread agree
with him (err, I do).
I thought the days where g++ was implementing a gnu mutant of C++ were
gone. Maybe I'm wrong ?
More information about the Gcc
mailing list