[tree-ssa] How to increase PHI capacity?

Steven Bosscher s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 4 22:23:00 GMT 2003


Op ma 04-08-2003, om 22:34 schreef Diego Novillo:
> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 16:28, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> 
> > Yes.  But I need a phi with increased capacity.  Inserting a whole new
> > phi is childs play.
> > 
> I don't understand.  What's the problem, then?  Remove the old PHI node
> from the phi_nodes() list, ggc_realloc it and put it back in
> phi_nodes().

If that's OK with you, it's OK with me :)  I just think it would be
cleaner to have the ability to adjust the phi arg vector without
reallocating the whole phi.  But it's not a big deal now anyway.
> 
> Oh, you also need to adjust SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT for PHI_RESULT of the new
> PHI node.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.  

Does this look OK?  Bootstrapped and regtested, but obviously no-one
uses the resize code at this point (and I haven't tried yet).

Gr.
Steven

2003-08-04  Steven Bosscher  <steven@gcc.gnu.org>

	* tree-dfa.c (add_phi_arg): Allow PHI capacity to grow.
	* tree-flow.h  (add_phi_arg): Adjust prototype.
	* tree-ssa-pre.c (code_motion): Adjust call.
	* tree-ssa.c (rewrite_block): Likewise.
	* tree.c (resize_phi_node): New function.
	* tree.h (resize_phi_node): Add prototype.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 7123 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20030804/c215d0b2/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc mailing list