Problems with "make check"

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Thu Apr 3 06:32:00 GMT 2003


On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:04:55PM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
> 
> > Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:
> >
> >> kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) writes:
> >>
> >>> What is causing this?
> >>>
> >>>                 === libstdc++-v3 Summary ===
> >>>  
> >>> # of expected passes            1255
> >>> # of unexpected failures        76
> >>> # of expected failures          2
> >>> make[4]: *** [check-DEJAGNU] Error 1
> >>
> >> dejagnu exits unsuccessfully if there are unexpected failures.  Use
> >> make -k check.
> >
> > But libstdc++-v3 is the only directory where then make fails.  If you
> > run the other testsuites, the error is always ignored and libstdc++-v3
> > forces you to use make -k check.
> 
> Ah, yes, I see that gcc/Makefile.in for instance uses -$(RUNTEST) so
> errors will be ignored.  It would probably be good to make this
> consistent.

Yes, it would be.  The problem that I see is that libstdc++-v3 uses
automake to generate the calls for runtest.  I do not know how to
teach automake to ignore the error (otherwise I would have send a patch
already ;-).

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
   private aj@arthur.inka.de
    http://www.suse.de/~aj



More information about the Gcc mailing list