Problem with the fix to PR 10234
Joe Buck
jbuck@synopsys.com
Wed Apr 2 23:47:00 GMT 2003
Sorry to have to bring this up, but I was updating my bug list for
3.2.3 and just noticed this.
The fix to PR 10234 was erroneous. Sorry I missed it, but it should
have been closed as "not a bug". The fact that the URL printed by
released compilers for bug report instructions points to
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html
and not to gcc.gnu.org was something that RMS asked for and that the
SC agreed to. This goes back to the days of the egcs/FSF re-merger,
and was just one of many petty battles from those days. It shouldn't
really be a big deal, but I don't think that the SC can break a promise
to RMS. So either this "fix" has to be reverted or we need to ask RMS
if it's OK. Since the named URL is just a mirror of the gcc.gnu.org
bugs page, it's simpler to just revert the fix.
Apologies to Wolfgang, Janis, and Gaby, none of who knew about this
foolishness.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list