release status and optimization/8334

Joe Buck jbuck@synopsys.com
Thu Oct 31 15:03:00 GMT 2002

> It also worked on 20021002, and it also works for me on 20021030.  Can
> you still reproduce this, Joe?

In my reply to HJ I said I'd spotted it in 20021024, it was actually
20021025.  However, it is gone in 20021031.  So I'll close it.  However,
it seems wise to have a regression test.

Would someone with appropriate write permission please create a regression
test with the following code?  We're just testing for successful
compilation (though the test could be extended to verify that the correct
results are computed).

/* { dg-do compile } */
/* { dg-options "-O2" } */
/* origin: test case for PR 8334, from kargl@apl.washington.edu */