divmod , signed division problem in rtl

Pierre Mallard pierremallard@yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 9 09:58:00 GMT 2002

Hi,
My Proc got a divss op I'd like to put in gcc.
For me it's relative to QI regs so I thought first
It's fine if I define :
(define_insn "divmodqi4"
  [(set (match_operand:QI 0 "register_operand" "=r")
        (div:QI (match_operand:QI 1 "register_operand"
"r")
                (match_operand:QI 2 "register_operand"
 "r")))
   (set (match_operand:QI 3 "register_operand" "=r")
        (mod:QI (match_dup 1) (match_dup 2)))]
  ""
  "nop
  	divss __tmp_l__,%1,%2
  	mov %0,__tmp_l__
  	mov %3,__tmp_h__"
    [(set_attr "length" "4")
   (set_attr "cc" "none")])

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work.
For a signed division in QImode, the rtl gen passes
will automaticly looks for the divmodhi4 pattern and
will want to sign_extend the result in HI where it's
only needed in QI..

Can someone tell me why ?

Regards
Pierre Mallard