Request for hybrid Objective C and C++ support

Jan Hubicka jh@suse.cz
Wed Nov 27 23:52:00 GMT 2002


> 
> 
> --On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 05:25:37 PM -0800 Joe Buck 
> <jbuck@synopsys.com> wrote:
> 
> >
> >> The progress of the GNUstep project can be greatly increased
> >>if C++ code can be used within objective c applications. Apple
> >>has released patches for this and I think that this is a good
> >>idea. I am requesting that you include this feature for the
> >>benefit of the open souce community
> >
> >Integration of Apple's objective-c/c++ hybrid is currently on hold
> >because of a plan to rewrite the c++ parser in the front end.
> >Unfortunately the parser-rewrite project has been delayed.
> 
> But fortuately, I'll be checking in the new parser about as soon as
Wonderfull :)
> the mainline reopens.
That means that on the c++-parser branch there already is useable C++
parser we I can play with?

Honza
> 
> -- 
> Mark Mitchell                mark@codesourcery.com
> CodeSourcery, LLC            http://www.codesourcery.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list