COG 3-1-1 successful build
Janis Johnson
janis187@us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 18 11:16:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:39:40PM -0500, Adrian Hawryluk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to successfully build GCC 3.1.1 on the Win2k platform, but not
> without some confusion. Make gave out this complaint:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `../libiberty/libiberty.a', needed by
> `gengenrtl.exe'.
>
> I've never built gcc from scratch before but have built other software under
> *NIX platforms and under Cygwin. I read the 5 installation steps and did
> not see any mention of this. I looked around on my computer and found that
> this file was in a couple of places. It was when I tried to create the
> directory ../libiberty to put a copy there that I discovered that there was
> a directory there full of source files (amongst other things). It would
> seem that this library is not compiled automatically by the make file.
The installation instructions recommend something like the following:
mkdir gcc-obj
cd gcc-obj
../gcc-3.1.1/configure <configure options>
make bootstrap
make install
Is that what you did?
Janis
More information about the Gcc
mailing list