Troubles building a (nearly) unified tree
Peter Barada
pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Fri Nov 8 11:09:00 GMT 2002
Ok, I've got H.J. Lu's new lndir, and I've done the following:
mkdir -p ~/work/cvs-gnu
cd ~/work/cvs-gnu/
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc login
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc co gcc
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src login
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co binutils newlib
which leaves behind two directories:
gcc - gcc source
src - newlib/binutils source
then to build it I created an obj directory::
mkdir obj
cd obj
and execte 'make link' using the following Makefile to create the
links(modified from H.J. Lu's original):
GCC-SOURCE-DIR=../../gcc
BINUTILS-SOURCE-DIR=../../src/
TOOLS-SOURCE-DIR=tools-3.2-$(shell date +%Y%m%d)
PATH:=$(HOME)/bin:$(PATH)
link:
mkdir $(TOOLS-SOURCE-DIR) || (echo $(TOOLS-SOURCE-DIR) exist! && exit 1)
cd $(TOOLS-SOURCE-DIR) && \
lndir $(GCC-SOURCE-DIR) && \
lndir $(BINUTILS-SOURCE-DIR) && \
rm -rf mips libiberty include && \
mkdir libiberty include && \
cd libiberty && \
lndir ../$(BINUTILS-SOURCE-DIR)/libiberty && \
lndir ../$(GCC-SOURCE-DIR)/libiberty && \
cd ../include && \
lndir ../$(BINUTILS-SOURCE-DIR)/include && \
lndir ../$(GCC-SOURCE-DIR)/include && \
cd .. && \
((test -n "$(GDB-SOURCE-DIR)" \
&& lndir $(GDB-SOURCE-DIR)) || true) && \
((test -x ../applied/README \
&& ../applied/README) || true) && \
cd ..
rm -f tools
ln -s $(TOOLS-SOURCE-DIR) tools
This succeeds. Then:
export PATH=/tmp/junk/bin:$PATH
cd tools
./configure --target=m68k-elf --prefix=/tmp/junk
And configure completes. Then I execute make to build the tree, and
that runs along(and builds gcc!), but fails while configuring newlib:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pbarada/work/cvs-gnu/obj/tools-3.2-20021108/gcc'
Configuring in m68k-elf/newlib
acinclude.m4 ..linked
aclocal.m4 ..linked
ChangeLog ..linked
configure ..linked
configure.host ..linked
configure.in ..linked
doc ..working in
... (snipped out for sake of space)
newlib.string ..working in
string.exp ..linked
tstring.c ..linked
newlib.wctype ..working in
tiswctype.c ..linked
twctrans.c ..linked
twctype.c ..linked
wctype.exp ..linked
creating cache ../config.cache
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .. ./..
make: *** [configure-target-newlib] Error 1
Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
--
Peter Barada Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard 781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola) 781-270-0193 (fax)
More information about the Gcc
mailing list