Error when building GCC 3.0.3 on i686-pc-cygwin
Tim Prince
tprince@computer.org
Thu Mar 14 15:28:00 GMT 2002
On Thursday 14 March 2002 14:21, Ivan Shen wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed CygWin v1.3.10 with GCC 2.9.5 on my Win2000 and tried to
> build GCC 3.0.3 from the souce code that I downloaded. The following are
> the steps that I've gone through and error messages that I've received.
> Please help!!! $ src/gcc-3.0.3/configure --prefix=/usr
> --enable-threads=win32 --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-libgcj $ make
> bootstrap
> ../src/gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/i386/i386.md:8624: Wrong number of alternatives
> in the output template ../src/gcc-3.0.3/gcc/config/i386/i386.md:8698: Wrong
> number of alternatives in the output template
>
> Ivan
I'd be disinclined to over-write the standard gcc with one built with
experimental configuration parameters. I don't see the connection between
what you did and the result you got, but why not copy the configuration
parameters used in a build which got reasonable results on gcc-testsuite?
I'm not sure how the enable-languages is parsed when you put it that way, but
the only way I've seen to work is like --enable-languages='c++,f77,objc'
where c is understood, and, by leaving out java, you imply no java libraries.
It does look like you may have a corrupt file there.
--
Tim Prince
More information about the Gcc
mailing list