[RFC] Extension of SIMPLE for Fortran 95

Jan Hubicka jh@suse.cz
Tue Jun 11 06:59:00 GMT 2002


> On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 06:38, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > > > On Monday 10 June 2002 02:14, S. Bosscher wrote:
> > > > > So I would like to propose an extension to the SIMPLE grammar:
> > > > > How about adding an integer argument to the 'continue' and 'break'
> > > > > statements, that gives how many loops to break or continue from. 'continue'
> > > > > without argument would be the "normal" continue statement, 'continue 1'
> > > > > would contine the second-innermost loop, etc.
> > > 
> > > Supposing that Diego doesn't decide to remove break entirely,
> > 
> > Isn't this done already?  I think the simpleyfing pass already
> > canonicalizes loop to break/continue less forms.
> > 
> No.  There are two separate passes that deal with this.  But they are
> not enabled by default.

What are the consequences on code size/perfomrance of enabling these
bits?  I am always running into performance problems when I implement
some idea of reugualizing CFG on RTL level...

Honza
> 
> 
> Diego.



More information about the Gcc mailing list