Convert 3.2 sources to ISO C90

Stan Shebs shebs@apple.com
Wed Jun 5 14:46:00 GMT 2002


David Edelsohn wrote:
> 
> >>>>> Stan Shebs writes:
> 
> Stan> Ironically, I'll bet a large percentage of that group already has
> Stan> GCC on their systems, but configure prefers "cc" over "gcc" (for
> Stan> good reasons I suppose), so it'll find the pre-ISO compiler even if
> Stan> a working GCC is available...
> 
>         Configure prefers "gcc" over "cc".  The reason none of the HP
> testers see the problem is that configure always finds gcc, so they never
> test building with cc which presumably is on their HP/UX system.

You're right.  I actually tested this one on my own machine before
making the claim, because I wasn't sure, but forgot that I have a
makefile fragment that overrides what configure chooses!

Stan



More information about the Gcc mailing list