hunt for mainline regressions

Christian Jönsson c.christian.joensson@telia.com
Wed Dec 18 01:39:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:44:07PM -0800, Janis Johnson wrote:
> My regression hunting is pretty well automated now, but I'm still
> figuring out new little tricks and then updating my scripts and
> howto document accordingly.  I hope to send those out again soon for
> review.
>
> I'm selecting regressions to hunt somewhat randomly from among the ones
> for which Wolfgang Bangerth has identified a half-month range when it
> occurred.  If you'd like me to search for a particular regression from
> his list, let me know.

well, not sure this is on his list, but anyhow, c++/8183 has been a
problem for a while.

Sometime Sept 12 2002 the mainline, then 3.3 (experimental) worked for
sparc64-{linux,solaris*} targets. Then, sometime, it stopped. I think
before the end if Sept 2002.

I really don't know how to hunt the bug down... :-( it might be kernel
related, it might very well be libc related...

Cheers,

/ChJ