automatic bootstrap failure notification

Janis Johnson janis187@us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 14 09:53:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:05:22PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as some may have already noticed, I am sending the results of the
> regression tests after successful bootstrap processes to
> gcc-testresults from my automatic build system for some time now.
>
> I am currently adding a feature to this build system that allows
> sending automatic notification messages with some relevant information
> when bootstraping fails.
>
> Would sending such messages to gcc-testresults be welcome or would
> such messages be seen as annoying?

I think this is a good idea.  It would be useful if everyone who has
automated builds regularly sending test results to gcc-testresults
also sent mail there about bootstrap failures, particularly if they
used the same (or similar) scripts to generate those messages so they
had similar information.

Janis