About VLIW processor target

姜 伟华 whjiang_cn@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 01:15:00 GMT 2002

   We plan to make a target for philips trimedia to gcc. But trimedia is a
typical VLIW processor, we don't want to do the instruction schedule
ourselves. Philips has provided a instruction scheduler. But its input is
more like the GCC RTL than assemble output. We don't know how to start the
work about register allocation (scheduler's input use very little registers
and all the operand is used as a reference to one instruction which
generates the result).

   Can any one give some advice? Which is the VLIW target in all the
current GCC targets? Have any one ever faced such situation and how did you
solve it?