[Again] 3.1-branch build problem

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Fri Apr 12 15:26:00 GMT 2002

>> Just got the new branch and configured with:

>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/gcc-3.1 --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
>> --enable-threads=posix

> Please do not build directly in the source directory, try a separate
> build directory.  If that still fails, please tell us again.

If developers want to take AJ's attitude (and I'm *completely* happy
with it since it makes our lives much easier), THEN WE ABSOLUTELY MUST
APPLY THIS PATCH, OR A REASONABLE ALTERNATE, BEFORE THE 3.1 RELEASE:

It is NOT fair to tell users in our documentation that something works
but then yell at them when they try it and it is broken.

OTOH, here is the patch for the exact report from Christian:

Neither has been approved for mainline or 3.1 branch.

Regards,
Loren
--
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab