How would *you* use an intern?
Phil Edwards
pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Wed May 30 15:18:00 GMT 2001
> Subject: Re: How would *you* use an intern?
I keep thinking of the Dilbert strip where Asok was introduced, and in
the last panel Alice shouts from her cubicle, "I spilled some coffee.
Somebody toss me that intern!" :-)
> For instance, an
> easy thing might be to add some sort of structure to GCC's errors
> and warnings,
Gabriel Dos Reis had some rewrite of the diagnostics routines planned.
I think he was going to break them down into categories, including
"informational" messages (e.g., "by the way, we're using this conversion
sequence, which you maybe weren't expecting"). You could check with him
on this one.
I'd like structure and highlighting along the lines of
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-q2/msg00318.html
(hmmm, then we'd be sending the wine to your intern :-)
Phil
--
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list