[I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++

Daniel Berlin dan@cgsoftware.com
Tue May 29 17:15:00 GMT 2001


Michael Matz <matz@kde.org> writes:


> I have the feeling, that -Bsymbolic should only be applied to functions
> (or other things for which indirection already exists), and not to
> data.

You might want to takes a looksie at the BeOS config files for LD.

On BeOS, everything is linked -Bsymbolic, by default.

And it does C++ just fine, even across shared libraries.

I think everything is -fPIC too, IIRC.
It's been a while since I touched LD's BeOS related config files.

> 
> Ciao,
> Michael.

-- 
"Last time I went to the movies I was thrown out for bringing my
own food.  My argument was that the concession stand prices are
outrageous.  Besides, I haven't had a Bar-B-Que in a long time.
"-Steven Wright



More information about the Gcc mailing list