lt-gctest hangs on some Linux/x86 systems
Christian Iseli
chris@ludwig-alpha.unil.ch
Wed May 23 03:10:00 GMT 2001
Hi folks,
So, things are looking rather good. This morning, I could bootstrap 3.0
again, and was able to run the dejagnu testsuite on libstdc++-v3. Great.
I still have one remaining problem with the testsuite: lt-gctest seems to
hang. This is what I have in the ps output:
chris 15065 0.0 0.2 2148 1044 ttyp1 SN 11:05 0:00
/bin/sh -c failed=0; all=0; srcdir=../../../gcc/boehm-gc; export srcdir; for tst in gc
chris 15066 0.0 0.1 1852 716 ttyp1 SN 11:05 0:00 lt-gctest
chris 15083 0.0 0.0 0 0 ttyp1 ZN 11:05 0:00 [lt-gctest <defunct>]
The processor is idle, and stays so until I kill the lt-gctest process. Then
the testing proceeds.
This is on a dual PIII machine, kernel 2.4.4-ac9 and glibc 2.2.3. I don't
observe this on another similar machine with a different kernel and glibc.
Anybody seen this, and knows whose fault it might be ?
BTW, using 3.0.s20010514 I was able to compile XFree86 4.0.99.4, Qt 2.3.0 and
kdebase 2.1.1 on my athlon box, and they seem to be running pretty smoothly
too (except kNotify dies almost every time it tries to produce a beep, oh well).
Things are looking great! :)
Cheers,
Christian
More information about the Gcc
mailing list