Wrong dynamic-linker used on Solaris 7/x86
Mark Mitchell
mark@codesourcery.com
Sun May 20 10:25:00 GMT 2001
>>>>> "Philip" == Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> writes:
>> correctly even with older versions of GNU ld. Another option
>> is to implement -I as an alias to --dynamic-linker on Solaris;
>> this would allow gcc to use the same LINK_SPEC, but would
>> require a fixed GNU ld. The plus of this option is that one
>> could switch between GNU ld and Solaris ld with -B switches, as
>> it is possible today.
Philip> I think this is the way to go.
Me too -- but I also think that you should fix GNU ld to work like the
Solaris linker by default. I'm not sure why automatic detection
wouldn't work -- doesn't Solaris set an OS flag in the ELF header?
--
Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list