GCC 3.0 Status - Fortran.

Toon Moene moene@knmi.nl
Fri May 18 06:48:00 GMT 2001


Tim Prince wrote:

> I wrote:

> > Would MSC use a beta compiler for such a project ?

> Will g77 or g90 ever be anything beyond beta?

As far as I am concerned g77 *is* beyond beta.  It might have fewer
features than _some_ of its competitor FORTRAN 77 compilers, but
certainly not all.

> The Intel linux Fortran
> compilers are little differentiated from the corresponding Windows
> versions, for better or for worse. Those versions have been fully
> released and priced for several months.

Perhaps MSC can get away with it because they're offering a turn-key
solution.  *I* certainly wouldn't allow the procurement of a system with
which I couldn't buy (or acquire as part of the deal) the *exact* *same*
compiler(s) as those the benchmark(s) were compiled with.

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, PO Box 201, 3730 AE De Bilt, The Netherlands.
Tel. +31302206443, Fax +31302210407,  e-mail moene@knmi.nl
URL: http://www.knmi.nl/hirlam



More information about the Gcc mailing list