Suggestion for option

RenE J.V. Bertin rjvbertin@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:16:00 GMT 2001

>On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Joern Rennecke spake:
> >> 	What happens to those people when/if they use -fsyntax-only? :) I
>guess one
> >
> > If that is a problem, they just stop using -fsyntax-only (unless they
> > go and fix the compiler).
>
>But, uh, if the compile stops with errors, whyever would they care about
>the contents of the stuff shoved down the FIFO? It's garbaged anyway;
>this way it's just almost nothing, rather than garbage.

	I don't think so! Whatever was sent in the FIFO is most probably already
out of it. The process reading from the pipe may get an error (SIGPIPE or
something similar), but it will have had its chances to act upon whatever
garbage it received!

I agree with Mark's comment on this: send some explanatory message or error
code that is sufficiently documented and unique.

RB